Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern all use of software or services distributed by Salina-Spavinaw Telephone Co. (SSTelco). SSTelco reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Continued use of said software or services from and after the date of any revision shall be deemed full and complete acceptance of all Terms and Conditions and applicable fees and all changes and/or modifications thereto.
Internet service is provided by SSTelco for the use and enjoyment of authorized users (hereinafter “User”) only. Said services may be used for lawful purposes only.
SSTelco reserves the right to change fees for services and add or delete services at any time. Payment by User for subscribed services shall be made monthly in advance. Cancellation of service prior to end of initial 6-month contract will result in early termination fees. SSTelco’s service is limited to authorized User only, is non-transferable and may not be re-sold. The Login ID, Password and E-mail address are assigned exclusively to User. Providing User’s Login ID and/or Password to unauthorized persons is a violation of these Terms and Conditions.
SSTelco assumes no responsibility for access to User’s account by unauthorized persons. SSTelco does not warrant that its service will be uninterrupted or error free nor does it warrant that any information, software or other accessible material is free of viruses, corruptions or other harmful components. SSTelco, its employees, its affiliates and its contractors shall be held harmless for any lost profits or direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages resulting from reliance upon the use of SSTelco’s software or SSTelco’s services.
User agrees to abide by SSTelco’s Acceptable Use Policy under which User understands that transfer, reproduction, distribution or re-distribution of information, software or other material protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or holder, is prohibited. User understands that the Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be considered offensive to User. User accesses such materials at User’s own risk. SSTelco neither exerts control over nor assumes any responsibility for User’s access to any such materials.
SSTelco acknowledges User’s privacy with respect to electronic-mail (E-mail) transmissions. User acknowledges, however, that SSTelco retains the right both to monitor its services electronically from time to time to assure compliance with these Terms and Conditions and to disclose any information necessary to comply with any law or regulation.
This agreement is subject and subordinate to all Rules and Regulations of any and all applicable governmental regulatory authorities. In the event User violates these Terms and Conditions, SSTelco reserves the right to suspend or discontinue access to all or part of its service, without notice.
Acceptable Use Policy
User is not allowed to run a public server on this connection.
Any use of SSTelco resources that disrupts normal use of the system by other users is deemed to be unacceptable. Such unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to:
- Using SSTelco services for illegal purposes.
- Using SSTelco services to transmit threatening, obscene or harassing materials.
- Using SSTelco services to interfere with or to disrupt network use, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to: distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses or worms, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the network.
- Using SSTelco services to post a single article or advertisement to more than ten (10) Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar group or lists; to post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list; or to send unsolicited mass e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) email users, if such unsolicited e-mailings provoke complaints from recipients.
- Using SSTelco services to transmit any material in violation of any U.S., state, or local regulation which may include but is not limited to copyrighted material, threatening, obscene, libelous, or defamatory material, or material protected by trade secret.
Actual data transfer or throughput speed may be lower than connection speeds due to Internet congestion, server or router speeds, protocol overheads, or other factors that cannot be controlled by SSTelco. Listed connection speeds are speeds attainable between the user’s access equipment and SSTelco’s DSLAMs. Customers are responsible for the security of their own systems. SSTelco will not be held responsible for any breach of a user’s system security or losses of any kind resulting from such security breaches. This includes any data intercepted in transit on our network or the Internet.