Call 1 (800) 722-3450 for assistance.
Lifeline and LinkUp America are designed to provide low-cost telephone service and free installation to certain low-income residents living on former tribal land. LinkUp America helps first-time qualified customers connect on a one-time basis to the national telephone network at no charge, allowing SST to waive the normal $28 installation fee.
The Lifeline credit applies to basic service only and reduces the monthly cost to about $1 plus required regulatory fees and taxes. There is no discount for extra features such as call waiting. New enrollees must provide proof of eligibility.
For additional information, go to http://www.lifelinesupport.org/ls/eligibility/eligibility-requirements.aspx.
To be eligible for the Lifeline credit, customers must participate in at least one of the following:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR or commodities)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid or SoonerCare)
- National School Lunch Program (free lunch program only)
- Head Start (income-qualified customers only)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Program
- Federal Public Housing/Section 8
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal TANF
- Vocational Rehabilitation (including hearing impaired)
- Household income at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. (proof of income required)
- Oklahoma Sales Tax Relief Program
Check Sales Tax Relief Guidelines
If your household meets the guidelines, then you qualify to file Form 538-S. Once Form 538-S is approved, you then qualify for discounted telephone service through Lifeline. Oklahoma residents qualify with household income of $20,000 or less if single, or, if married with no dependents. Expanded guidelines now include residents in households earning $50,000 or less with a dependent, or, if you or your spouse are 65 or older, or, if you have proof of a physical disability. You may file your claim for a sales tax refund even if you aren’t required to file Oklahoma income tax.
Click here to go to the Oklahoma Tax Commission’s website. If you are required to file an Oklahoma Income Tax Return, your return along with Form 538-S must be filed on time. If you are not required to file an Oklahoma Income Tax Return, you still must file Form 538-S. For further assistance, call the Oklahoma Tax Commission at 1.800.522.8165.